Great DesignWe provide thoughtful, creative and comprehensive design solutions by working closely with our clients from project conception through each phase of the design & building process. With over 16 years of experience, we provide professional, personalized architectural services to effectively meet the varied needs of our clients.
ComprehensiveWe have extensive regulatory experience with all Greater Toronto Area and numerous southern Ontario municipalities in connection with Zoning Review, Committee of Adjustment, Site Plan Agreement & Building Permit applications as well as Conservation Authority approvals and Ontario Municipal Board expert testimony.
PersonalWe are a Toronto based architectural design & consulting firm which specializes in design solutions for discerning clients with exacting standards. With over 600 completed projects since the establishment of the firm, project recognition along with consistent client satisfaction, is testimony to the quality and innovation of our work.
- from Orillia, Ontario and began architectural career in 1981. Gained experience in six different Toronto offices during high school and university years. Graduated from the University of Toronto in 1988 with a Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) degree.
- 1988 awarded the Lieutenant-Governor’s Medal for Outstanding Performance & Design Proficiency.
- 1988-90 he taught Architectural Design Studio at the University of Copenhagen.
- in Copenhagen worked for Arkitekter Bystrup & Bregenhøj and Per Christensen Arkitekt.
- apprenticed at several Toronto firms including Michael Kirkland Architect, Joe Lobko Architect, Baird/Sampson architect, Zeidler/Roberts Architects and Anthony Kemp Architects.
- 1990 joined Matsui Baer Vanstone Architects as a Project Architect on numerous custom residential projects and condominium projects (Grand Harbour, The Chedington, One Rosehill and 280 Bloor West)
- 1992 completed a Master’s of Environmental Studies at the University of Waterloo, with a focus on new town planning and development.
- 1993 worked with James F. Baer Architect building a practice around serving the residential market.
- member of The Ontario Association of Architects. The OAA is a self-regulating organization dedicated to promoting and increasing the knowledge, skill and proficiency of its members, and administering the Architects Act, in order that the public interest may be served and protected. Ontario’s Architects are highly trained professionals, bound by professional ethics and regulations.
Chris Montgomery has the rare gift for getting along with all the people he collaborates with and always ads to the development of whatever topic is under discussion.
We were thoroughly impressed and thrilled with the work that Chris Montgomery did for us. We own a modest home in the east end and he gave us parameters within which to work and helped us to realize our dream renovation. We were particularly pleased with his attention to detail, his assistance in seeing our plans through the various departments at City Hall and his friendly, patient and extraordinarily professional approach. We would recommend him highly.
Chris is a true professional, goes the extra mile with clients, and is very good at what he does. I recommend Chris very highly to anyone looking for a great architect-designer.
Chris was a clear winner from the very beginning. His passion and enthusiasm for architecture came through in every meeting we had. He was willing to give us as much time as we needed at each stage of the process. We are extremely happy with the end product.